Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
wir freuen uns bekanntzugeben, dass das Pommersche Diaporama-Treffen, die Schirmherrschaft der Republik FIAP und Photoclub Artists Association erhielt. Der diesjährige Wettbewerb wird vom 3. bis 5. November stattfinden.
Next international Diaporama-Festival will take place in Pomeranian Dukes Castle, Korsarzy 35, 70-540 Szczecin
Dział Edukacji Artystycznej
Zamek Książąt Pomorskich w Szczecinie
ul. Korsarzy 34
tel. 91 434 83 27
38-th POMERANIAN MEETINGS with DIAPORAMA
3-5.11.2017, Szczecin (Poland)
Pomeranian Dukes Castle
POMERANIAN MEETINGS WITH DIAPORAMA has been a yearly event since 1980. At present it is the only competition in this field of art in Poland. It is placed under the supervision of the International Federation of Photographic Art nr 2017/493, and the Polish Republic’s Photoclub nr 199/2017 Its history goes back to 1972 when the first presentation of French diaporamas took place in Szczecin. Then, in 1974, a review of Polish diaporamas called DIAKRAJ II was held there. It was followed by the consecutive editions of the regional reviews called MINI-DIAKRAJ. They gave the basis to the present formula of the competition.
1. The digital diaporama is a projection of visual sequences together with a synchronized soundtrack, shown on a screen with the use of a computer and a multimedia projector, made according to an author’s original idea or a scenario.
2. The diaporamas which enter the competition can have the form of an impression, a film study (an etude), a documentary, a song illustration, an essay, a story, an experiment etc. There is freedom of choice as far as subject matter is concerned.
PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
1. The participation in the competition is accessible to all the authors (both being members of artistic associations and not).
2. Each author can present maximum 3 of his works.
3. An author can present two additional works, which he is a co-author of.
4. To take part in the competition the author must:
4.1 Send in a registration form (the deadline is 17th October 2017)
4.2 Pay the accreditation fee (the deadline is 17th October 2017) - 10 euros for 1 entry or 15 euro for 2 or more entries
4.3 Meet the technical requirements (see point 4)
5. Shipping method of works and registration form.
5.1 By mail to the address: Zamek Książąt Pomorskich w Szczecinie 70-540 Szczecin, ul. Korsarzy 34, Poland
5.2 Via „Wetransfer” or other file transfer service to email address:
6. Payment methods.
6.1 Bank transfer to: B.G.K. O/Szczecin PL 56 1130 1176 0022 2047 7820 0001, BIC: GOSKPLPW.
6.2 Payment through mail to address Zamek Książąt Pomorskich w Szczecinie 70-540 Szczecin, ul. Korsarzy 34, Poland
1. Submission of an entry implies that the entrant has obtained any necessary licences or permission to use any copyright material included in the sequence. Please give any licence details on the entry form.
2. Submission of entry implies the granting of permission by the author for the sequence to be shown in public.
3. Unless any further notice, slide shows presented at the competition, could be later planned to be show as a promotion of our art by organizers or other entities with which the organizer of the contest will enter into an cooperation agreement. The related authors will be naturally warned of the above mentioned shows. This will anyway be made out of any commercial context. In any case, organizers make a commitment not to upload any slide show on the internet. The CD will not be returned to authors. Submission of an entry implies that the entrant has read and accepted the rules in all respects.
1. The diaporamas which are to be presented must fulfil the requirements set by the FIAP regulations on the diaporama projection (see Documents FIAP “Standardization of AV sequences 2011” and DOCUMENT 2013/314 AV-E.
1.1 A time limit for each diaporama is 12 minutes maximum.
1.2 Any number of pictures (slides) in one diaporama.
1.3resolution of pictures: 1024 by 768 pixelson the long side a maximum size of 1920 pixels, jpg.
1.4the soundtrack recorded in the WAVE or MP3 format
1.5 autorun start up file in the full screen mode in EXE format (recommended programs used may be: Pictures To Exe, Pro Show Gold, Wings Platinium, Mobjects, etc) file type .EXE (executable) or file type .mp4 (Data compression H.264 – 1080p/25fps).
2. In order to ensure the highest quality of the presentation, the diaporamas will be copied from the CDs to the hard disc of a computer from which they will be played.
3.Complete application should contain:
3.1 Diaporama file(s): AUTHORS NAME_DIAPORAMA TITLE – title formula
3.1 a picture of the author’s (resolution 600 by 800 pixels): AUTOR NAME
3.2 the author’s registration sheet (to be downloaded from our website www.zamek.szczecin.pl): AUTHOR NAME
3.3 a short autobiographical note, txt or doc file format: AUTHOR NAME_BIO
3.4 a poster of each diaporama (resolution 1800 by 1200 pixels), jpg file format: AUTHOR NAME_DIAPORAMA TITLE
3.4 few sentences in English representing the context of the work, in txt or doc: AUTHOR NAME_DIAPORAMA TITLE_CONTEXT
4. The diaporamas will be played from a PC, with the operating system Win 7, with a minimum processor speed 2000 GHz, at least 512 MB of memory, a graphics card 128 MB, slideshows projections will be held in the hall of cinema projection booth - "InFocus 5550" projector for widescreen max resolution 1920 x 1200 pix
1. Prizes awarded during the competition:
FIAP medals (gold, silver, bronze)
Fotoklub RP medals (the Photoclub of the Republic of Poland medals – gold, silver, bronze)
Honourable mentions FIAP, special prizes and certificates
Pomeranian Dukes Castle medals.
Title "FIAP Best Author”title
Additional prizes may be provided by the organization and sponsors
JURY AND JUDGING
1. The organizer will convene a jury. It will consist of members of federations of artists and photographic associations as well as some experienced authors (in alphabetical order)
Małgorzata Dołowska (AFRP, zdfp) – Director of FOTOGAFIA DLA PRZYSZŁOŚCI (Photography for Future) Foundation
Cezary Dubiel (EFIAP/s, AV-AFIAP, AFRP) – AV FIAP Observer for Poland, President of FGT KONTUR
2. The jury will judge the works and will award the prizes.
3. While assessing the artistic qualities of particular diaporamas, the jury will take into account their technical and aesthetic qualities (of both visual and sound aspects), montage and production.
4 The jury has the right to distribute the prizes in a different way (from the one presented above).
5. The verdict of the jury is final and cannot be cancelled.
Closing date: 17.10.2017
Projections Sessions, projections spécial 3-5.11.2017
Gala Presentation & Prize Giving 5.11.2017
Results emailed 17.11.2017
Awards and Catalogues posted 20.12.2017
Pomeranian Dukes’ Castle
Postal Code 70-540
tel. + 48-91-434-83-11
By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms: - that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP, - that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking, - that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP, - that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. (As mentioned in II.2) it is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations".
Each participant will receive a catalog in electronic form.